To read this story, please sign in with your email address and password.
You’ve read all your free stories this month. Subscribe now and unlock unlimited access to our stories, exclusive subscriber content, additional newsletters, invitations to special events, and more.Sign in Subscribe
Don’t have an account yet? Register here.
The Greene County Commission handed down more than three quarters of a million dollars in federal funding to small businesses in a large-scale economic recovery effort.
The commissioners announced the first wave of American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funding for small businesses on July 25. This is the first round of funding for small businesses to be awarded, and the county is reviewing more applications to award more funding in the future.
“The commission believes that our small businesses are the foundation of our community’s economy,” Presiding Commissioner Bob Dixon said. “They employ our citizens and pay taxes which fund vital services. It made sense to make small business relief a cornerstone of our recovery efforts.”
A total of $760,034.75 will go out to businesses in the first group of funding. The first-round application period was open for six weeks from April 20 to May 31, 2022. A nine-person ARPA advisory committee reviewed each application and recommended the funding awards.
The Greene County Commission set up an online application process for ARPA. Business owners and managers had to demonstrate the impact the COVID-19 pandemic had on their businesses and provide documentation to support their claims. The awards were adjusted to consider the size of each business and whether or not it received any other economic recovery funds related to COVID-19.
The Greene County Commission and ARPA team focused on small businesses with 50 employees or less for this group of awards in the first round of funding. Greene County has received a total of $56.9 million in ARPA funds. Approximately $8 million dollars has been allocated for small business ARPA applications.
For more information on ARPA small business applications and any future updates, please visit this website: http://arp.greenecountymo.gov.
Applications for nonprofit organizations to seek funding from Greene County are still being developed and will open soon, according to a statement from the commissioners. All Greene County ARPA funds must be allocated by Dec. 31, 2024. All of the projects the Greene County government decides to help fund must be completed by Dec. 31, 2026.
Small businesses that received ARPA funding from
- A Point Performing Arts — $12,250
- Acis IT Solutions — $15,750
- Allure Flea Market — $11,250
- Ball Architects PC — $11,250
- Beautiful Photo Props — $5,000
- Behavioral Learning Center LLC — $11,500
- Bookmarx — $10,000
- Bub’s Distillery — $11,750
- Cart32 — $11,250
- Chill-Park — $24,250
- Clark Family Medicine LLC — $11,250
- Classic Rock Coffee Downtown — $10,750
- Complete Weddings and Events — $18,250
- Culture Flock Clothing — $11,000
- Dami LLC — $10,000
- Dental 32 LLC — $13,250
- Druff’s — $13,250
- Executive Data Control — $15,250
- Farmers Gastropub — $20,000
- Farrar Trucking LLC — $5,000
- Finnegans Wake — $17,000
- Getaway Golf — $12,000
- Great Escape Beer Works — $11,750
- Greek Belly — $17,500
- I Am Wireless LLC — $13,500
- Indie Blue Salon — $13,500
- Jamaican Patty Co. — $10,000
- Jump Mania — $11,250
- Lucent Digital — $11,500
- MLP Accounting and Consulting — $10,500
- Neighbor’s Mill Bakery Cafe No. 1 — $26,250
- Neighbor’s Mill Bakery Cafe No. 2 — $19,250
- Nelco Painting — $5,000
- Nimmo Roofing and Construction — $12,000
- Old Town European Market — $12,250
- OMC Outdoor Products — $11,750
- Pearson-Kelly Office Products — $28,750
- Premier Pawn — $10,825
- Radio Comms Specialists — $9,809.75
- Recovery Outreach Services — $13,000
- Repo Handling — $10,000
- Rockafellow Photography —$10,000
- Rod Enterprises — $5,000
- Roundtable Legal LLC — $10,000
- ShoMe Tint — $15,500
- Springfield Parking Company — $15,000
- Springfield Pottery — $10,000
- Springhill Stables — $7,400
- Tinga Tacos — $16,000
- Trees by Rodney — $8,500
- Triad Lodging — $8,500
- Wells Tire and Auto — $13,500
- Whalesong Games LLC — $11,500
- White Plumbing Company — $19,750
- White Stag Barber Co. — $11,000