Springfield, we want to hear from you — and you might get a free beer or soft drink to join the conversation.
On Saturday, May 14, we are gathering at Hammons Field before the start of the Springfield Cardinals game vs. the Amarillo Sod Poodles.
From 5:15 to 6 p.m., Mayor Ken McClure will join David Stoeffler, chief executive officer of the Springfield Daily Citizen — and the first 50 ticket holders to join them will get a free beer or soft drink, courtesy of the Daily Citizen.
We want to hear your thoughts and ideas about whether it’s important to keep the Cardinals in Springfield, and how far the City of Springfield should go to make that happen.
This information is related to an in-depth report on the status of Hammons Field and the future of the Cardinals Double-A franchise in Springfield.
Here are the details:
- Meet at the K Bar, which is located on the concourse in back of Section K just to the north of the main entrance to Hammons Field.
- You will need to have your own ticket to enter the game.
- Starting at 5:15, look for Stoeffler at the bar to get a wristband entitling you to a free beer or soft drink of your choice.
- A free drink is limited to the first 50 ticket holders to join the conversation — but anyone is welcome to join.
- Or, if you can’t make it to the game, send along your opinion by writing a letter to the editor of the Daily Citizen. Here is a link to our guidelines and an online submission form.
If Saturday’s game is delayed due to weather, the event will go on as planned from 5:15 to 6 p.m. If the game is postponed, the event may be rescheduled. Check back here for details.